Re: Candlelight photos

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:24 PM
Subject: Candlelight photos

I was talking to an old parish priest last night who taught, among a mountain of other things, photography in Nigeria for about 27 years.  I told me about this developer called "Promicron" and extended development that allowed for candid photographs in extreme low-light conditions at 1/125 that produced fantastic results.  He said that he even used candle light as a source.  What modern techniques are available for such devious activity?

Trevor Cunningham

I suspect he was referring to Promicrol. There were claims, often dubious, about speed gains from this and other developers. One method, of last resort, was to use straight Dektol.
    Stan