Re: Gallery Review

<<<The lighting was better but I didn't manage to get any poses she
liked. She was looking for glamour shots but this shot really captures
who she is right now. >>>
Greg, the context in which you referred to "Glamour shots" got me
wondering if the usage here was the same as over there.  Here for sure
if a client asked for "glamour" shots chances are they would involve
not many clothes.  So taking a quick straw poll the answer was by no
means clear.  I'm sure your model wasn't wanting to get her kit off

http://www.aestheticdesign.com/glamour_photography.html
"Glamour photography may seem the same as boudoir photography but
there is one important difference. In boudoir photography the model is
the client, whereas in glamour photography the model is hired for the
work. Glamour modeling includes swimsuit, lingerie, and tasteful nude
modeling, like what you would see in Playboy magazine."

http://www.photoprostudio.com/glamour.htm
Glamour Photography is designed to allow our clients that dreamy,
soft, romantic look they truly deserve. Usually consisting of head and
shoulder portraits, the overall purpose is to make our subjects as
glamorous as they can possibly be.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the term "boudoir
photography" in the UK.  It looks pretty much like what I had though
was encompassed by "glamour".  You know, just short of totally nude
with erotic overtones.

So a simple question:  is there a universally agreed distinction or is
it just semantics?

Bob