Re: New York Institute of Photography

Dan,

NYIP is real. They will make almost anyone a better photographer. Their
course of instruction will help someone turn from an amateur into a pro, if
that is the direction you want to go. In their main course, they introduce
students to a broad range of photographic areas. Their  instruction helps to
infuse enthusiasm throughout the course.

BUT . . . they are not the final answer. You could do all this, perhaps less
expensively, with a series of books. And you will not be shooting with the
top photographers in the country (any country) when you finish.

What they do is present a step-wise approach to learning that covers the
basics and introduces the specialties. It is an excellent place to start,
although probably not to end. You would do better taking a series of courses
through a junior college or a four-year school, but not everyone can afford
the time nor expense of such a program.

It does pretty much what they tell you it will do.

I took the course. I am satisfied that it was worth it.

But then, I still have my day job and have yet to earn dime #1 from things
photographic. I am still pretty much in the student phase of photography.

peace,

rand