Re: Gallery Review: 2003-10-11

> > I'd be tempted to cheat in PS and widen it by 10-20% relative to
the
> > height: Scott might feel that was missing the point completely but
> > there you go.
>
> Bob, why do want to do that?
To make a better (IMO) picture?

I tried a few "width enhancements" in PS.

Increasing the image you showed (280 pixels wide) to 325 or even 350
pixels wide just seemed to produce a more balanced result.  As
initially shown it seemed a bit too "narrow" for mya tastes.  Maybe
that was linked to the very tight cropping around the statue, door top
and door side.

> Nobody likes fat statues!  Over here obesity
> is a big issue, and we have to set examples.
Nothing wrong with fat people, unless they try to sit next to you on
the bus ;o)

> >It would have been a very different picture with the head to the
left
> >of the door looking across it: as it is looking out of the picture
it
> >creates a little bit of interesting tension.
> Had considered that, but found that my crane operator's license had
expired.

I was more thinking of taking three paces to the right ;o)
Actually though: I prefer it as taken.  "Looking across" the picture
would be more conventional - thus a bit booring.

Bob