Gallery Review - Hide

> Bob Talbot (Hide) - More blue. Gotta love that and the lovely blend
of peaceful colors. The amount of blur and shake was minimal enough
that I was interested in figuring out I was looking at. At first I
wondered if 'hide' referred to the skin of an animal since the leaves
atop the right hand brown splotch resemble the claws of some fierce
predator hiding in the plants at the right. But having looked longer,
I see a person sitting on a curb (perhaps) and hiding under a towel.
Far less dramatic but my active imagination keeps turning the leaves
into claws. I'm curious though about the blue squares. Are they the
dividers of a multi-paned window?

Greg

the explanation is blindingly simple ... the shot was an AF accident.
The "Hide" refers to the towel only - am makeshift "blind".

Sat on the patio late one afternoon waiting to photograph a blackbird
basking in a sunspot.  A simple towel draped over my head to make me
look not like a person to the bird (really, all that camo crap is
irrelavent to nature photogrpahy: it don't fool the birds.

Anyway: half press the shatter and the AF finds my reflection in the
shed at the bottom of the garden (40 yards away).

The shed is dark brown but bathed by the second biggest light source
in the sky: the sky.  Brown it might be to the eye: the light coming
off it is saturated with shorter wavelengths.

In the shed: through the glass, the handles of a lawnmower.  Behind
me, the patio doors cast another reflection reflected too in the
window of the shed.

Big deal.  I pressed the shutter anyway and went back to waiting for
the bird - it returned eventually.

No great picture, just another accident that happened.  Still don't
realy know why I took the shot: just liked the patterns and lighing.

Thanks to all this weeks reviewers: it makes it worthwhile.

Bob