Re: Visiting Estonia with Peeter Vissak

 Pini,

 I've been apart from my internet connection for some time (again) and after loading down a ton of mail I found my humble person figuring in discussions.
All right, now I'm back and have also reconfigured my computers (local home LAN without any hub, switch or router!) so that I have access to internet from different rooms (a big deal when you work and surf at home!  ;o)

Well, what to start with? How to vindicate myself ;o)
First of all these are very nice and cordial words, that You told, Pini!
I am truly thankful!

Thinking back now it was like an unbelievable daydream clip.
Suddenly a person from digital desktop world steps out in blood and flesh (and with cameras) and off we go!
Somehow it's like stepping through the mirror or finding yourself in a familiar movie.
Cannot explain myself better, but believe me -- meeting an internet forum friend from face to face (it was my first similar experience) is really worth trying out!

Boy, I was nervous about that trip!
(BTW -- I was so busy trying to include everything into the route, so I read practically NOTHING about the locations, these were my own memories or knowledge from pre-ancient times :o)

In our country where beauty is hidden into small things you have to have time and patience to find these things.
I've found some favourite sites or feelings for myself, but how to demonstrate this to a man from the other side of Europe?
Some places need certain season or weather or that 'something', that may not be there any minute.

Now, when the wonderful week is gone by, I already have dozens of good ideas, which places we missed.

To everybody else in the Forum -- it is really wonderful to travel and work side by side with an experienced and skilful photographer!
And also trying to find some good restaurants or pubs among that famous 'tasteless nordic cuisine' where the only truly traditional food is potatoes with salted raw herring ;o)

Now, when Vagabond has reminded by several people, I speak out my personal idea of a new project, and namely PASS THE PHOTOGRAPHER ON.
Just imagine  --  everyone in the row will go the next attendant and so on and so on. Lots of possibilities and variations!

Pictures from the trip -- yes, I'm already preparing my next (over a long delay) gallery submission, and that will be a miraculous moment from the trip.

About the Toyota -- you have to live with what you've got (there will be a shot of that thing as well!)  And -- would any other of you dare to experience a similar trip with it? Just let me know ;o)

Once more thank You, Pini, for the friendship and the really special experience!

Until the next meetings!

Peeter

PS: I've found the reason of my bad physical shape -- due to the wrong (and low) Ferrum concentration of my medication my hemoglobine was badly down, but now I'm tightly working on it!

======= Vastus 2003-09-26, 17:40:00 saabunud kirjale: =======

>One hot day in Israel I decided to travel to a colder part of the world.
>I e-mailed Peeter (PV) and asked him about Estonia - the country he live in.
>PV answered that if I'll come he will do the tour with me.
>after some more e-mails I landed in Tallinn the capital of Estonia.
>Peeter was waiting for me with a little sign in his hand.
>A week ago I even didn't know his age, marital status etc'
>Peeter made his homework very well, made reservations to hostels and friends
>home and red about the sites on route.
>We did the way in his 1987 Toyota that worked flawlessly.
>I had some hesitations before the trip but found a very delicate man who,
>like me, like temporary art and nature.
>I found a good guide, driver, translator and most of all - a friend.
>Peeter - Thank you !
>
>Pini

>Pini Vollach
>http://www.pinimage.com