Dye-Sub Printers?

My fiancee just bought me a Olympus P-400 and I wondering if this type of printer is worth it... I heard Kodak discontinued their line of Dye-Subs. She got the P-400 used from her work place with a bunch of paper and "ink" ribbon for $80. I worked out the cost per photo and its $3 per sheet...

My questions is... Is it worth it? Or is the quality not up to par?

Tech stuff:
True, continuous-tone dye-sublimation technology provides professional photo prints with superb color reproduction for high output quality
Resolution of 314 dpi
16.7 million colors (8 bit/color)
Maximum printable area 7.64" x 10" (2400 x 3200 dots/7.68 Megapixel)
90-second printing speed (approx.)
Clear laminate layer helps protects your prints
Printing via Parallel Port, USB, SmartMedia, PC card, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, or directly from PC
Various printing modes: full size (7.64" x 10"; from 1 up to 16 images per page); card (2 or 4 postcards per page); photo-album (1-6 images per page with background image); index (45-260 images per page)
Full-color, black-and-white and sepia filters
Trimming, frame, background and stamp functions
LCD panel for checking and selecting images
Print selection of up to 50 copies at a time
1 color cartridge supports 50 sheets of full size, card, photo-album or index paper (cartridge sold separately)

And it says in the pamplet for it that it is 2400dpi equivalent.

Brian Blankenship http://www.bngraphics.com

The Gathering of Photographers (web forum)
http://www.bngraphics.com/photography/NYIPForum.html