Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

LScottPht@aol.com wrote/replied to:

>I am considering purchasing my first digital camera and will be using it for
>photojournalism purposes. I just read about the new Nikon D2H (I'm a Nikon
>user) which sounds great, but I was concerned about it only having 4.26 pixels
>(or something). I know that the Kodak which uses Nikon lenses is around 13-14
>megapixels. Wouldn't the Kodak one give you higher quality images? I really know
>nothing about digital, but I don't want to have to turn around and buy
>another one in a year or so because of the lack of image quality. Thanks for any
>help.

Different cameras for different purposes. In order to make quick
shooting, lower megapixels are needed. The super high MP cameras just
can't shoot frames as fast. Plus, there's things like noise to
consider and other features you might need.

I would suggest looking long and hard at many of the reviews on the
net. There's just too much to go into here. But you of course will
have to ask yourself, just exactly what do you need. Super high res,
or fast frame per second shooting?

The Kodak 14 Mp camera has had some pretty bad reviews on quality,
although it's price is low for such high res, noise is quite high, and
colours are a bit off.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/