Re: magazine publishing rights help

I only have a minute...

$200 is quite low but that is what you agreed to. Don't turn into
another whining crybaby photographer now. Tell them that includes
publication of your images in the interior of the magazine in one issue
only. Tell them that you would expect additional compensation for the
cover if you got it and ask what they would normally pay.
If they ask you what you would charge tell them that you need to know
the publications print run and check with your pricing program on your
computer at the office.

Run home and ask Emily.

If they ask about using images of the magazine intact for their own
marketing, say ok.
Not for annual editions, best of, web or any of those additional uses.

Now, just go and shoot the job. Do a really good job of it. So good as
to justify your substantial rate increase the next time they call.

peace,