From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 7:54 AM
Subject: RE: Inkjet Halftone Settings

printer is doing. I don't like devices that have drivers etc. written for
amateurs. I would rather struggle with a 4x5 than fire away merrily with a
Polaroid.

> Most of my prints so far have not shown smooth patches of color so I
suspected I was doing something wrong while printing. Holding an 8x10 at 4",
I can see the dots that make up the colors. Held at arm's length they look
fine to me. I am now wondering if perhaps I should not be examining an 8x10
that closely.

> Last night I figured something out. When I view the image at 100% in
Photoshop, I see the same dots. Originally I thought that was normal but I
think the printer is doing a great job recreating the dots that are in the
original scan and perhaps the film was just a tad too grainy.