Re: advertising law

"Robert G. Earnest" <rge@earnestphoto.com> wrote/replied to:

>I have a shot to do that will be used in advertising which involves
>someone sitting in their living room watching television.
>
>In order to imply that this person is watching television mid-day I want
>to have a mid-day type of show like "The Jerry Springer Show" on the
>television screen.
>
>What, if any, are the laws surrounding this?
>
>Anyone know?

No, but if there's sunlight coming in the window, and the clock says
12:15, and there's a soap commercial on, you won't need Springer.

Just dummy the logo on the soap box and you're clean! Like make Tide
into Tried.

I think most people associate soap commercials to mid day viewing,
hence the term soap opera.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/