> Re: New job for Angi - very long

At 11:19 AM -0700 8/25/03, sgshiya@redshift.com wrote:
My two cents:

Photojournalism gives us a chance to do what we love. On assignment, THEY pay for the film, THEY pay for the processing; never come home with an empty camera.

Take the time to finish the roll, use extra film, whatever on THEIR dime. That's the advantage. Take advantage . . . plus all the extras that MAY follow, like fame, fortune.

When the pain of Not doing it exceeds the pain of doing it . . . JUST DO IT; or not.

Steve Shapiro

Film? Pretty rare, now, to use film in newspapering. Even my local paper which still runs a b&w darkroom and publishes only in b&w, doesn't run film anymore for news. They think it's too expensive - ha, ha, ha.

Besides, to string for my regional paper I have to acquire a professional digital camera, a couple of 1Gig memory cards, spare batteries, 3 good quality zooms, a full lighting setup for winter sports and football, a powerbook, a cell phone and a cell phone account. If I don't come equipped with those items they can't hire me to string for them.

They pay $135/day and keep the copyright to everything they use so they can put it on the wire and AP can pay their parent company for it.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822