RE: Minimizing pinhole image falloff

The image intensity will fall off from center intensity approximately
according to the formula:

    I = cos^2[atan(r/f)]

    where:
    I = intensity relative to center intensity.
    r = distance in the film plane from center image.
    f = distance from pinhole to center image.

The fall off in stops is:

    s = log(I) / log(2)
      = 3.322 * log(I)

This assumes flat film plane with pinhole plane parallel to film plane.
Center image is defined as the point on the film plane where the normal
passes through center pinhole.