Re: making PS tutorials

Kostas writes:
> hi all!

Hi Kostas :-)

> while new to PS7, it seems a good idea to make a tutorail on concert
photos
> manipulation using PS.
> ( for all the fellow amateur photographers & listmembers of the band
forums
> I frequent)

sounds like a great idea ..

> that an article is solely my job, but i need info on how to capture the PS
> tools appearence ( the crop sign for instance) for the purpose of
> intergrating in the "how-to" pics that would accompany such an article...
>
> could it be as easy as finding the signs .gif files somewhere in the pS
> directory?

Not sure, but what you can do if you want to make sure you get everything
you want is to open all the tool menus you need and hit 'print screen', then
open a new file in photoshop (which will automatically set it's self to the
correct size) and select 'paste'.  The clipboard cartured screenprint of the
whole monitor will appear as a file which you can then use to copy, paste
and save (as gif's) to new files you open.  You will then have a complete
collection of all the icons :-)

hope this helps

Karl