Re: > Re: Brighton Beach Brooklyn and exploitation

In a message dated 8/16/03 4:48:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sgshiya@redshift.com writes:

Everytime I see this subject come up, it infuriates me.  This ignorant
attitude inhibits photographers from making some potentially great pictures.

I agree wuth you,but ignorant attititude! isn't that a little harsh. If I thought that my taking a photo would give a new viewpoint,or be in context of telling a story,I wouldn't hesitate shooting it. But if it's another shot of a beggar with an AIDs sign or homeless unfortunate without anything else to justify taking the photo. I won't. If the ladies in Brighton Beach where not alighned as they are with graffiti behind them I wouldn't have wasted film. But I still questioned my motives.
Dave