Re: "Shattered"

In a message dated 8/16/03 12:28:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ferret@wyoming.com writes:

And Small. He gives the term "street photography" a good connotation.
Perhaps I have seen too much bad street photography (to me) in the past,
presented by people more full of self-bloat than talent. For a long time, I
equated the term "street photography" with "boring." But not with Small's
work. I really like the juxtaposition of thought, season and generation
presented in "Brighton Beach Brooklyn." You see this picture and then you
THINK about this picture.

Rand  Thaks for your inciteful review of Brighton Beach. You've made me look at it with a different viewpoint. This is the first time I have shown it. I wanted to get some feedback,because although I like the photograph, I felt that it might be construed as exploitive.
    I agree with your opinion of much of the street photography done today. It's  in the Winogrand school of machine gun slice of life photography. But he had a an original style. Today there are lots of wanabes. I don't think most contemporary street shooters have the patience to wait for Bresson's decisive moment.
Dave