printer ink systems

hello all!

in continuing the recent discussions on printers (many thanks to the luster that commented on the cannon ones) i would like to ask for your views & experiences on the various ink systems
(3-4-5-6 color ones)

what are the pros and cons of them?

which ones are refilable, and for which ones are 3rd party cartridges avialable in EUROPE?

the reason of bringing this subject up, is that when i will be buying my own printer , it will be one for all uses and all users, so i will have to avoid printing with the expensive photo quality ink what ever documnet a freind or relative may ask to...

you get my point....i need a dead cheap alternative cartridge to use when not printing photos

well i will be guessing, but if there are real advantages in printing with 5 color cartridges, i won't be finding anyone to refill them, or the dyes to do it myself (talking about the GREEK market)

so what do you think?

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!