Re: Kick-starting a conversation (maybe)

> Another self-serving report - just for the sake of conversation -
yesterday
> I sent away a portfolio of 15 photographs and paperwork to England,
in order
> to apply for the Associateship Distinction from the Royal
Photographic
> Society.  This is the second distinction of three.  I won't know if
I've
> earned the distinction or not for a couple of months, so I'm a wee
bit
> nervous.

Getting the distinctions (other than the LRPS ;o) is far from a
formality even though failing you might be tantamount to "killing the
goose ...".  The one overiding factor that stopped me even considering
the RPS distinctions was that they only last while you keep paying
your subs ... which just smacks of rip-off to me ;o)

> What are the rest of you up to?

Marilyn

My current project is to take some macro photographs of a wasp
(yellowjacket) nest in my garden.  Shhh ... don't tell the neighbors,
I think we are supposed to call pest control ;o)  Anyway, it's got two
problems:

1) it's facinating just to watch them at their business from a safe
distance.  the complexity achieved from "stupid little robots" is
amazing.
2) when I set up the tripod close enough for the shots I want they
keep flying into me on their way back to the nest: call me neurotic
but the slightest "nudge" of the bush the nest is built in seems to
bring them all swarming out:  I've become quite good at the 50-m dash.

I'll probably put one up in the gallery sometime if I get it right ;o)

Bob