Kick-starting a conversation (maybe)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Talbot" <snapper@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: Weekly update of PF members' gallery - note from Exhibit Staff

  I've had several of my photographs brown-toned and enlarged to 16 X 20s
and I'm using gold-leafing to accent  certain areas of several of the
photographs.  On some I've used the actual leaves of gold, others just the
"paint-type" gold.

I like the results.   Because they are 16 X 20s, I can't scan them and
submit them, but I'll try to take some photos of the photos and let members
see what they look like.

A couple are going to be entered in a local exhibit.   I just thought gold
leafing on photographs is something some of you may not have thought of and
would like to experiment with.

Another self-serving report - just for the sake of conversation - yesterday
I sent away a portfolio of 15 photographs and paperwork to England, in order
to apply for the Associateship Distinction from the Royal Photographic
Society.  This is the second distinction of three.  I won't know if I've
earned the distinction or not for a couple of months, so I'm a wee bit
nervous.

What are the rest of you up to?

Marilyn