RE: 4 July (off topic)

> <<<
> ..which negated the unpopular English treaties with the
> recognised Indian
> nations and thus allowed the expansion of the European colony
> Westward  ..
> or have I got my facts wrong again?
> >>>

> 1) Facts are determined by the power of your armed forces ;o)
>
> 2) What has this got to do with photography?
>
> Bob

Well Bob, interestingly enough my wife gave me a book for my most recent birthday (which none of you heartless list members acknowledged) about early American photographers sent to western America to photograph the natural wonders and give early America something to be proud of. In the chapter I read this morning they mentioned how lucrative it was to photograph the native American people and send the prints back east. Some of the photographers found it necessary to bring along props and costumes in which to dress their subjects (even dressing the members of one tribe in the dress of another tribe) so that they looked more like what those all night sausage eating Chicago-ites (and perhaps the English) thought they looked like. So you see it all ties together. Its all relative and nothing is what it seems to be.

Greg