Re: Emily Ferguson - Seascapes

I had an artist contact me once to get permission to trace my photograph
as a basis for an illustration they wanted to do for a local magazine.
They said they weren't being paid enough to give me a percentage of
their pay.

I told them they weren't being paid enough to use my image.

I had a woman call me once to ask if she could use the same image on her
parents 60th wedding invitation and how much would I want? I said if her
parents told me the secret of staying married for 60 years she could use
it for free.

They never paid.

So, how will Auntie Em deal with this one?

I think she might require final approval on the finished painting for one.
Will the fees differ if the painting is literal versus if it is abstracted?
What about resell percentages?
How many paintings will be allowed?
Can influences from other sources be incorporated into the final painting?
If so, how will that affect pricing?

so many questions...