Re: Croppiing

Le 21.6.2003 20:32, «?Russell Baker?» <rebphoto@pronetisp.net> a écrit?:

> I cant find a crop tool........................
>
> I have the marquee tool with a few shapes available.
> (rectangular is available)

The different marquee tools and the croptools are accessed through the same
button. The crop tool is the last one.

> Under options I have......
>
> normal
>
> constrained aspect ratio
>
> fixed size
>
> there doesn't seem to be any option for the size in inches

If you check fixed size, then the dimensions boxes become active, as well as
little dropdown menus on the right which allows you to choose the units you
want.

Usually, I don't feed anything in the resolution box. I prefer to adjust
that in the image size window, so that I'm sure that nothing get up or
downsampled.

> under fixed size there is a pixel adjustment

Hot hot.. This is the little dropdown menu.. Click on the arrow just right
and you'll see the inches.

> I did find out how to save the crop.....
>
> Now if I could just figure out how to easily determine
> my crop dimensions I would be in good shape!

You can use the info palette : at the bottom you'll find two things :
The actual position of the pointer (clicking on the little cross you can get
the little dropdown menu and change the units) and if you are using the crop
tool, the dimension of the crop. I find this very helpful especially if I
want a precise count of pixels.

--
Christiane