Re:Re: reshoot suggestions, ideas

I was very surprised by Emily's reference to PS as BS.

BS????!!!! PS????!!!

Something did not compute!

Luis's response puts the matter back into perspective.

JG
-----

At 12:22 AM 6/21/2003 +0000, Luis wrote:

At 10:18 PM +0000 6/20/03, luis wrote:
>    Shoot enough so you have a selection and can can PS your way out
>of it via a head transplant.

Emily (or the ghost of Bob Rosen !) wrote --

>>>Sigh. Now I see that PS has sunk to the level of BS!<<<

Cute and clever, but a re-shoot means negative income flow, and a dent in one's reputation, plus they're not always possible (some of the group members may live too far away, for example). I find your moralizing amazing, in light of your frequent nickel & diming about expenses & outlays on this forum.

This is nothing new in the medium. At least not since the 1800's. If the practice is "below" you, that's cool, don't do it.... but don't go condemning others who do.

You should know that PS can neither sink nor rise to anything. It's just a program. And it can be a life - and money - saver for the job-centered, deadline-meeting photographer and for the clients or THEIR time and - expenses - saved from doing a re-shoot.

--- Luis