Re: help with a strange printing problem

I posted a couple problem images to my web site. Clicking on the link will
take you to a page where you will see two images from a recent photo shoot.
There is a very odd line running thru the images that I would guess was lack
of fix or development except they are the only 2 frames on a 36 exposure
roll which show this problem. They are next to each other, about mid roll.

Agitation during film development was inversion and agitation during paper
development is constant.

I'm stumped and am open to hearing what others think may have caused this.
Could it be bad paper? The day these were printed I printed about 30 others
and didn't have a hitch of trouble with any others...thank goodness.

http://www.whinydogpress.com/mystery.html

Appreciating any help...
Lea

Lea,
As this is most definitely in the neg it can really only be:
a) faulty film at the production level (highly unlikely but possible) like someone else suggested.
b) A strange anomaly in the development process - like some adhesive gathering at that particular point and creating a density that produced over dev or under fixing or both. Or some kind of bizarre water/chemistry issue.
c) Last (and most unlikely as it is a density increase and doesn't appear to be created optically) - It was created in camera.
Questions: Are there no physical changes in the emulsion or base at the mark? No build up?
Have you added/changed anything for this shoot: films, lenses, bodies, chemistry?
Have you found this on any other negs since then? Am also thinking this may have happened before to negs you haven't yet enlarged or don't intend to.
If it doesn't happen again it may have to be one of those you just mark up to bad luck and move on. Sorry I couldn't help.
Norman