Re: Recent death

Le 24.5.2003 14:45, «?Mike King?» <mikeking@cableone.net> a écrit?:

> Perhaps you mean Leni Riefenstahl, last I heard, she's 101 years old, best
> known for her books on Africa and of course, Triumph of the Will which she
> produced and directed for Adolph Hitler before WW2?

No, I don't think Marilyn was thinking to Leni Riefenstahl : she didn't
specialize in wildlife in Africa, although at the end of her life, she went
into underwater photography. She was more famous for her movies and her
documentary of the Olympic games in the thirties, at the nazi era. After the
war, she tried to make a film on native african tribes, but never managed to
find the money to put it together.. There are color pictures from here trips
to Africa, but they aren't as interesting as for example that of Rodger.

However,  I've heard lately at the news about a woman more likely to be the
person Marilyn is looking for, but, alas, I can't remember her name, sorry;
may be someone with more affinities with wildlife and nature photography
will know ?

--
Christiane