Stuck On the Fence... Agfa/Ilford/Kodak Deathmatch!

I've narrowed down my developer to Rodinal, with D-76 as a finer-grained backup. Now, I've just got to select one or two films to become familiar with (i.e. buying a 100' roll).

I've tried Tri-X and HP5+ in Rodinal, and it seems to me like Tri-X gave me the better tones, although my testing has not been extensive enough to determine if this was simply due to subject matter. I have not tried APX400, but some people on a photographic mailing list I subscribe to swear by it!

Now, I need your opinions, dudes and dudettes. Knowing that I like grain, shoot in 35mm and develop with Rodinal, what would you suggest? Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share using any of these combinations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much!