RE: Gallery Review for 2003-05-17

> Bob Talbot snubbed the list rules and in full HTML attempted to spark up some conversation thusly:
>
> Well
>
> 'Tis Saturday, the gallery has now been updated.
>
> Some random thoughts while viewing the full-scale images.
> Is this the worst set of images that have ever been shown in the PF gallery?

Grab 'em with the opening paragraph eh Bob?

> Greg Fraser:
> "Hidden Meaning"
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/fraser.html
>
>OK, so it's yellow.  Heck, I even like yellow, but the title ...

To be honest, its really, really yellow and there's a patch of red and some green too.

>The flower is out of focus: the intent I think was to show just the flowers "sexual organs" in graphic detail.

Actually the arrangement of naughty bits is what interested me. It looks like some from of unknown writing to me. On the negative the writing is very sharp but I wanted it somewhat obscured like faded writing on an ancient text.

>Where it fails for me is in the lighting, or at least the lack of tonal contrast between the naughty bits and the petals ...

Um....yeah. I didn't really consider the lighting as far as contrast goes.

>Sorry greg:  this one is a flop

No problem.

> Don Draper:
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/draper.html

> Now that is what a flower picture should look like.

Now technically, this is not part of your review of my image but to me, its the most important point you made. The absolutely last thing I want to do is produce images the way the SHOULD be made. That's just not the way I see things. I'm not interested in different just to be different but I do want my images to reflect the twisted individual I am.

Thanks as always for your comments Bob.

Greg Fraser
Slapper of Newts
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery