Re: printer Suggestion

Hello Graham,

I've been using an Epson 2200 for a while now and am very pleased with it,
but only after I bought ImagePrint to drive it with.  ImagePrint does a
fantastic job with the 2200, but it is pricey.  $500 to buy plus $500/year
support agreement.  The support agreement is required in order to stay
current with new versions, and take advantage of ColorByte's profiling
service.  Even if you don't pay for the support agreement, you can still
download the profiles they have available from their web site.

I also just purchased a 1280 that I wanted to dedicate to quadtone printing
and will probably be selling it.  It just doesn't compare to the reliability
and speed of the 2200 IMO.  If I used it with the OEM dye inks, it would
probably be fine, but I'm not interested in dye inks.

Both printers will accept 13x19 inch (Super B) paper.  There are plenty of
continuous ink systems available for the 1280, and I believe there are even
some out now for the 2200.  I know some were announced at least at PMA.
There are also 3rd party inks out now for the 2200 from MIS Associates.  I
have not tried them yet since the Epson inks have been performing clog-free
for me for almost a year now.

I don't know if any of that will help you make a decision, but there you
have it.

--Tom