RE: Gallery comments - 28/04/2003

Hi Chris,

> |> Christopher Strevens, LRPS - Little Chef, Handcross South:
> |> Very boring photo. I don't like the big empty parking lot and the
> |> hard-to-see very dark house, which supposedly is the subject. Why the
> |> sign is there (in the photo) I don't understand. Some play with red
> |> colors in gray surroundings, but not enough to sustain interest.
> |

> Well I guess I'm pretty boring!  But this is my environment.  I nice ride
> out down the M23 and call in at this little cafe for a snack at a pensioners
> discount....  I think its neat as cafe forecourts go, not much litter,
> neatly painted signs and a tipping trash bin.   Nice lady inside with a
> toasted tea-cake and tea.

I was referring to the photo, not to you. Please do not take it
personal! And let me add, that I am very grateful to all the people who
let me criticise their photos. It helps me define what I like and
dislike in images - something very hard for me to do with my own
photos!   So, even though I don't like your photo, it is helping me
improve my own photography. (or at least, that's the idea...)

By the way, your description of the place sounds like a photo I would
love to see! ;-)

> Do you get that in the US?

No idea! I'm european, living in South America for the time being -- and
no, we don't have anything like that here.

Take care,
Thomas