Re: copyright violation

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> writes (inter alia):

[snip]

> Hire a lawyer to send out a cease and desist order to both the
> infringer and his ISP, and alert the search engines that the site is
> infringing on your copyright.

If the ISP say "...", why do you imagine they would respond any
differently to a (US? I presume) lawyer? As far as I'm aware, (US) lawyers
are just hacks one can hire to write letters - they do not have any
powers to write "cease and desist _orders_", only threats. But their
threats are of no significance outside the US. (Lawyers are also not the
brightest brains on the planet - and are unlikely to turn down a chance
of easy money by pointing out that their threats are of no significance
in Turkey. Or anywhere else, of course.)

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/