Re: Hello

Andy wrote:

Interesting ... was it one of the sprockets or something else? If the advance sprocket is missing one tooth I don't think that will really adversely affect the operation of the camera since it seems to me that one engages the film sprocket holes both to the top and bottom sprockes every time.

Yes, indeed the advance sprocket is missing a tooth, just to the right of the set screw.

I wondered if the advance would be affected to some extent, sort of like the old dot matrix printers, where you had to align the holes on the edges of the paper with the teeth on the printer. If they were ever so misaligned, the paper wouldn't feed correctly, or it'd feed crooked.

There is a small screw that rides in a slot of the plastic film advance sprocket. As long as it is able to >freely move up when you push up on the rewqind button that should disengage the sproket from the >central shaft andallow the film rewinding process to take place.

Indeed, the small screw IS able to move up.

Once pushed up the screw should remain up until you try to advance the film and
then it should drop down and the central shaft and sprocket should then turn
together. The problem may lie where the coupling "action" takes place but I amnot sure right now if it is on the bottom or the top deck of the camera.

This may be the problem, as you suspect. I didn't discover the problem until trying to rewind, as it was not a smooth rewind by any means. But I AM able to push up the rewind button...

Marivonne