Review of PF members' exhibits 04-12-03

Hi all,

Just a non-writer plunking down some thoughts. I figure all the work to put
the photos in the gallery deserves some comments.

Bill Ellis

The PhotoForum member's gallery/exhibit 12 April 03

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Emily L. Ferguson - Skylight on mud ripples
Abstract. You wanted more color, but what you have is nice. Almost looks
like oil.

Rand Flory - The Drink
Tells the story. A bar, soft lights, piano, bass,and drums off in the
corner. To people alone, but together.

Dan Mitchell - News from Home
Nice capture of a story. I like the way the shot brings the newspaper story
and people together.

Judy Curiel -
Interesting that you told us about you to  such a degree. However, I don't
know you, but will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are as you
say. Not sure what we have here. Shot of a ship rotated 90 degrees. ?

Rich Mason - The Climbers
Would like the climbers closer, but the effect, in my mind, is of someone
possibly lost. Nice.

Gregory david Stempel - Waiting For Another Run
Sinister truck. Way too bad for my taste.

Pini Vollach - Venice 2003
I like the clash of the hot and cold colors. Nice close tight shot.

Jim Davis - Conversation
Good morning Mr. Bird.  Good morning Mr. Turtle. That Dr. Doolittle guy was
right !!

David Small - For Sale
Patriotism or capitalism..  or the USA is for sale to the highest
bidder...or the fence is for sale and the USA will get the profit..or the
Eagle has a side business selling fences when he's not defending you and me.

Jim Snarski - Eyes On The Prize
Would have liked the shadow eliminated, but it was hand held and you can't
always choose.

Alan P. Hayes -
Heavy traffic on a croweded street.  Too bad the truck didn't get more
light, but some of those side streets never see the sun.

Don Draper -
Nice shot, composition, and color. I'm a sucker for pretty flowers.