Re:"Attacks on Journalists in Iraq Are Crimes of War"

I hope that we can all agree that it is wrong to censure the press by purposefully killing journalists.Whether or not it actually occurred depends upon which media you watch.
I am sure we can all agree that Its wrong to censure the press by any means.
I think the point that Christiane made recently, was to inquire as to how US opinions can differ so greatly to the opinions of the rest of the world.I would guess that 80% or 90% of the worlds population is against this war.Thats 5 billion people who disagree with the US.Its apparent to the rest of the world that the US is invading to control Iraq's oil resources.(Yesterday I read that its also the regions water that we want to control)
Something has caused US opinion to be convinced that they are doing the right thing.Only one point of view is being portrayed in the US media.The news bias is imposed by mass media which are owned by a few powerful wealthy corporations.
I urge anyone interested in the current state of the US media to read or see the film "Manufacturing Consent" by Noam Chomsky.
KenK

Warning :off topic response follows
(By the way, I think its IDIOTIC for anyone to say that being critical of government is unpatriotic or anti-American.Its actually the MAIN thing which makes this country great. We have the freedom to be critical.Its the most patriotic thing that you could do .In my opinion its actually UN-AMERICAN for anyone to say that criticism or protest is unpatriotic.
Would it be un-american to be critical of Hitler, if he were trying to take power in the US today?
If a fascist were going to take power in the US today he wouldn't have a funny mustache and walk in goose step.He would have a public relations handler.
He would gain power by limiting constitutional freedoms.He would gain power by stifling free press and free speech.
The right wing in this country controls all 3 branches of government.There is little balance of power at the moment.
There is certainly no military balance of power in the world.International laws are ignored.
A fascist takeover of the US could truly rule the world.The US police's the world but it is the American citizens civic duty to police the government.
There are 2 American citizens sitting in prison today with no constitutional rights because they are deemed enemy combatants. They cant even see a lawyer nor are they charged with any crime!!!!Legislation is currently being considered which would allow any American's citizenship to be revoked ,taking away all constitutional rights!!!!
There are thousands of foreigners rotting in Guantanamo with no protection of the Geneva convention.Many will soon join them.Dont they at least deserve a trial ?
The Bush admin plays fast and loose with human rights and freedom and the constitution.He mainly protects the interests of the wealthy and the religious right wing.
Im very concerned with what will happen after a really major terrorist act in the US.Most likely martial law will be declared and the constitution will be suspended.
At that point it truly would be UN-AMERICAN to protest because it will probably be ILLEGAL to protest.
Then you may still be waving your flag and watching it on Fox ,oblivious to our loss of liberty.)

>Thank you for responding so patiently and >intelligently to the highly prejudiced anti-American >posts we have seen here lately. I think you speak for >a great number of individuals. I am grateful for brave >people like you.

Joseph Guerra