Re: "Attacks on Journalists in Iraq Are Crimes of War"

Excuse me? Are you saying that the Bush administration is purposefully
targeting the press anywhere to fire on them to suppress their freedom?

Note that the IFJ also says, "At the same time the IFJ condemns what appears
to be Iraqi tactics of using civilians and journalists as a "human shield"
against attack. 'The Baghdad authorities are just as culpable with their
reckless disregard for civilian lives,' said White"

The troops on the ground that called in the attack said they believed they
were being fired on from the building. If true, this makes the building a
target. Period.

If it is not true that they believed they were being fired on from the
building, well then, they either made an error in perception or they
wantonly fired on the target without cause.

If they made an error, it happens. We do not intentionally fire on our own
troops, but friendly fire accidents happen in every war. War is a dangerous
place.

If someone wantonly fired on the target without cause, they will be
prosecuted.

As to "reckless disregard for civilian lives," At no time in human history
has a war of this magnitude been waged with as much concern for civilian
lives and with as little loss of said.

War is a dangerous place. Soldiers know this. Journalists know (or should
know) this.

Regards,
Bob...
"Do not suppose that abuses are eliminated by destroying
the object which is abused.  Men can go wrong with wine
and women.  Shall we then prohibit and abolish women?"
-Martin Luther

From: "Ken K" <kenkagawa@hotmail.com>