Re: Pictures of Astoria

At 9:23 -0800 4/5/03, Alan Zinn wrote:

I enjoyed your new pictures very much. I saw the slide show only. I don't have the time to write much about them now - I liked 13 a lot , didn't see Sadam. Just want to give you a thumbs up. BTW I am reminded of the work of Uta Barth - only because of technique Are you familiar with her?

AZ

Was that 13 Night or Day?
I'd never heard of Uta Barth but googled her and liked what I saw a lot, ordered a book. I see what you mean about technique, but I feel an affinity for her subject matter as well. I'm looking forward to getting a good look at her work.

You're the only one to even mention Saddam so far! Clue: he's in the Night album, under something, toward the right of the frame.

I'm glad you liked these and haven't forgotten about exchanging prints, just been swamped by snow and life issues.