Re: Negatives, Enlargement???

Hi!

Sorry -- I wasn't quite clear with my last post about negatives/enlargement.

When I was referring to "photo shop," I meant the store across town who does
enlargements for me (professionals).  I do have a scanner, but enlargement
with the scanner, and a print (via Adobe), does not make a nice photo.  I
only use my scanner to send photos via email, on my home pages, and
occasionally for copies of prints.

I have some photos I took over the past 15 years or so.  Many prints also
include negatives.  I wanted to enlarge some of my favorite shots.  I was
trying to figure out the best way to do so.  A few of the shots no longer
have negatives.  Hence, I was asking about both ways to do this.

I can copy/enlarge a bit at Wal-Mart, but not too larger than the original.
Most of my shots are either 3-1/2x5" or 4x6".  I can enlarge up to 5x7" at
Wal-Mart, but I am looking at enlarge these up to 8 x 10 or more.  Some of
the shots are really beautiful -- from various countries/nature -- and I
wanted to mat and hang some of them.

On the same vein, I have many old photos from ancestors ... from about 1855
and up (various formats).  I have slightly enlarged some of the photos at
Wal-Mart.  But, again, I was thinking about enlarging more than 5x7".

Can one make a negative from a print on a scanner?  Mine is a HP4300C.

Thanks!
Betty G.
Middleboro, MA