Pictures of Astoria

Two sets of pictures,a selection from the last three months, spent mostly in Astoria, taking care of my wife, who is taking care of her father, who's 94 and ill.

These are all taken in Astoria, except for a couple of the Triboro Bridge and the Major Deegan Expressway, which I figure are pretty much part of the experience. Most of them were taken driving, which on a busy day in Queens is strongly reminiscent of walking!

I find myself thinking of photography as a form of visual journal-keeping. Some of these are selected because I feel they are good photographs, ehile others record some visual thing that I expect might reappear in some fashion in the future.

(See if you can spot Saddam Hussein!)

These are links to the slideshow versions, which is how I would recommend starting to look at them.
<>http://photo.elay.org/slideshow.php?set_albumName=Night
<http://photo.elay.org/slideshow.php?set_albumName=Day>

These link to the album versions
<http://photo.elay.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=Day>
<http://photo.elay.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=Night>

I would be grateful for any comments.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design