Re: Brian Walski Fired.

At 11:19 AM 4/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Alan,

Actually I suspect you are too cynical. Most PJs are scrupulously honest in
their images. I have not read anyone trying to defend what Walski did. Quite
the contrary, the PJs were almost to a person appalled at his action, as it
casts doubt on the entire profession. It is hammered into the PJ in school
(and to some degree on the job) that news photos are NOT to be altered.

I like this quote from the ethics chair of NPPA:

Pondering the digital deception, Mr. Long and other photojournalists were crestfallen. "This sort of thing damages the credibility of all of us," he says. "Once you've lost your trust, you might as well be selling aluminum siding."

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com

Faces of Iraq:
http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/folder-4312.html