Re: Thoughts on PF members' exhibits 03-29-03

----- Original Message -----
From: "rand flory"

> Guy Glorieux  [unnamed]
> I like this a lot. Bordering on the surreal   <snip>  Each of the
foreground
 >  objects was placed expertly in just the right location to balance
one another.
>   <snip> It almost seems to be too good to be true.
> But there is one distraction I could do without. The vertical pole
above the
> chair on the left jars the senses into a reality that does not fit
with the
> remainder of the image. Still, this is a great photograph.

Thanks for the review, Rand,

I really like this picture too.  Quite apart from the surrealist feeling
it is charged with, to me it's the icon of "soft wilderness" holidays: a
day at the lake, far from the madness of the city...

I shot the picture as it was: everything was there waiting to be
photographed.  I just "saw" it and grabbed my camera.  All I did was to
chose the right lens (20 or 24mm, can't remember) and move around until
I got the right composition.

But then I missed seeing the vertical pole...  Rats...  Oh well, maybe a
little bit of Photoshop can fix it...

Happy day,

Guy