Re: That's why they call them Smart

It's been being endlessly discussed on the NPPA list for the last 48 hours and I don't understand it to have anything to do with protecting the girl. Seems it has to do with protecting the copyright of the photogapher, who is her uncle and a professional newspaper shooter for the Deseret News. The distribution restrictions remain on the AP files with instructions to go to Getty for any further usages.

Considering the AP contract, which would allow all subsequent usages to be paid to AP and not the photographer, I'd say he's definitely the smart one! Except for working with Getty which isn't such a good deal either.......