Signing prints == was Re: PF members' exhibits 03-09-03 == QuebecCity Roofs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory david Stempel"

> Quebec City-Roofs in the Old Town by Guy Glorieux
> My favorite this week.
> <snip>  Everything works in this image except one thing.
> I have never liked the fact artists tend to sign their work right in
the
> image itself.

Thanks for the comments from Greg and Emily on my submission this week.

I think that Greg picked up the inetnt of the image more closely as a
composition on color and forms rather than a description of Quebec
city's roofs.  As such, the image's name was very misleading!

On signing prints, I go through these episodes where I have an urge to
sign prints posted on the web, to make life more difficult to those who
steal pictures.  I don't think that a signature will prevent them from
stealing the print - it's so easy to fix the print and make it disappear
with Photoshop - but at least, they have to work a tiny bit more to do
so.

Any other comments on signing prints or not?  Or on protecting images
posted on the web (I know, this comes every so often and the answer is
always the same: "If you want to protect your images don't post them on
the web...!".  But maybe someone has something new to say on the
subject...  ...?).

Best,

Guy