Re: OT/computer?

> Wouldn't it be more beneficial for your company to donate the computers to
> schools or libraries?
Trashing them costs almost nothing.
Donating them has a lot of hidden costs (eg KILLING confidential HDD data).
It's the time element that is expensive - then you end up with an old PC with no OS ... the licences are not OEM but are moved to the new PCs.

Anyway, this is way OT.
The point was just that old computers are still incredibly powerful tools (for Word/Spreadsheets/PhotoShop etc). What I paid 1000 for 3-y ago I can get now for 100. They still work as well as they did.
If it is wanted as a tool - to do a job, rather than a multi-media experience (/webserver) then ...

Sorry Alan
It was just meant as a suggestion ...

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890