Re: Street shooter anxiety?

I have been on the street shooting since the early 70s. With the exception
of the time drug dealers caught me taking photos (talk about scared) I have
never been accosted by anyone.

I shot Marti Gras one year and remember shooting in the crowd on the street
one night. I then worked my up to a balcony, and watched on the street below
as another photographer was hassled by two guys somewhat violently near the
same area I was standing earlier.

I now wear a hat that has silvered PRESS stitched into the front. I wear my
badge/ID on the pocket of my Domke vest and have access almost anywhere. I
have always asked to take photos where I could and have practiced a quiet,
unobtrusive demeanor. I wear a fanny pack and tend to keep the big lenses
put away unless needed.

It goes back to a past thread, other's behavior precedes us and if the
on-looker had a bad experience you may suffer the consequences.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g