Re: Street shooter anxiety?

From: wb9cac@attbi.com

I have to agree with Emily. You have to sort of make yourself stand out as a
photographer with good intentions, i.e., business card visible, photo vest, or
in my case a gadget bag over my shoulder to let others know who I am and what
I'm doing. When I go around with just my camera on my neckstrap in front of
me, I get the same concerns. I guess in today's climate people are concerned
about who is photographing what and for what purpose.

works exactly the opposite for me...
regular attire, a small camera bag, and a llok that screams "amateur".
people let me be, and whenever i was photographing Salonica Harbor, walker bys and tourist gave he opportunity to chat while asking me to take a picture of them with heirown camera....
and most of all....this "amateur" look has gotten me into concerts some pros wouldn't even expect to...

it always varies with locales....

enjoy, kostas