Re: Video Card

Hello,

it's like Karl recommended: Matrox G450 and G550 seem to be the 'winners'
concerning
2D desktop applications. Not only because of image quality, also because of
signal integrity.
(This statement is to be found in PC magazines.)
We use it as standard card for our image processing systems.

Some cards offer nice features. E.g. the Elsa Erazor series. They can work
as a frame grabber
for PAL and NTSC as well.

Hard core gamers need DirectX 8 cards and in the future DirectX 9 (it isn't
supported by games yet).
Examples are ATI Radeon 9500, ATI Radeon 9500 PRO and ATI Radeon 9700 or the
GeForce4
as stated by a pf member before.
But maybe (may - not must!) for these cards 'speed goes before quality'.

Needless to say you can spoil all efforts with a bad monitor.
I would check features like colour temperature, (stability of) calibration
and so on.

Regards,
Walter

__