Re: Video Card

Dan C penned:
> For 2D applications, why would you want that much video RAM?

try buying LESS these days ;-)

>Also, I fail
> to see how the performance of 2D applications such as Photoshop will
depend
> on the make of video card.  I'm on my third video card (my first being a
> Matrox Millenium), and my desktop and regular 2D applications look
identical.

still using a Matrox?    Mine look pretty identical since I went from a G400
16M to a G450 32M (purely in the feeble hope that I could game)

well let's see.. Bruce asked "I am looking for a recommendation on a video
card for a PC"

I can recommend Matrox.

Can't recommend the NVida TNT2 M64 32Mb as it didn't look sharp and gave me
a headache after working on it for a few hours..

Can't recommend the 8Mb rage card I had as that also looked soft and gave me
a headache after a few hours, also colour was odd.

Can't recommend the GeForce 4 TI4200 128Mb card in my wife's machine for
anything but gaming.. Great for gaming, she claims it gives her a headache
after working on word documents for a few hours,  my machine however does
not...

Can recommend the Matrox's..
my recommendation.

you in this to help?  If so, fire away and make your suggestion to Bruce

karl