Artists (Was:Re: Chronic Sick = Artist?)

Colette wrote:
> cockamamie photographers consider yourself "artists"?

I don't know that word. Please explain... :-)

In my opinion, anyone who tries to catch the impression a certain scene
or theme or subject makes on him/her is an artist. Good or bad, an
artist nonetheless. So I guess the vast majority of this lists members
are artists.

The critique and discussions on the list should then guide us to become
better artists.  That's why I joined...

Cheers,
Thomas