Re: Chronic Sick = Artist?

At 08:59 PM 2/22/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>> Can we please take this private, it has nothing to do with the intent of
>> this list.
>>
>> Take care,
>> Gregory david Stempel
>> FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
>
>Certainly!  *poof*  gone!  Now, on to more important drivel.  How many of
>you cockamamie photographers consider yourself "artists"?
>
>Cheers!
>Colette <-----artist-----<

Colette,

Interesting you should ask... This was bantered about just last week on
another list. Seems some photographers are very skittish about being lumped
in with a bunch of neurotic, effete, egocentric, probably smelly bohemians -
or so they like to believe. I think like it or not, as picture-makers, being
an artist is one facet of our identity.

Now, please, please don't ask if photography is art :-)

AZ card-carrying artist

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us