Re: Londoner in San Francisco

On 2/22/03 6:26 AM, "Chris" <nimbo@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> I think we can close this thread now.  I'm satisfied that I'm no more likely
> to get shot in the US  than my home town of London.
>
> Chris
> http://www.chrissdomain.com

Glad you came to that conclusion, Chris, because it is the correct one. It
is unfortunate that a few would choose to accept the sensationalism of the
news media, and believe that there is a wrongful death on every street
corner every day of the week. Bad news sells, so the media look every bit of
bad news they can find, when the truth is generally not that way.

When might you be in the Bay Area, Chris? At the moment I'm speaking for
myself, but I think some of the other Bay Area residents of the list would
want to join us. I would like to arrange an evening, or midday, to meet and
treat you to a meal and perhaps a couple pints.

--
Stephen Ylvisaker
greyfell@gns2000.com