RE: Chronic Sick

At 08:08 AM 2/21/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Well that is an honest comment!  I understand that you have laws regarding
>this category of person, I was wondering how they are treated by other
>individuals.
>
>In Hitler's Germany, such people were killed.
>
>With the number of guns in the US and the right wing nature of the American
>culture... Well is it common for people who look different to be murdered?
>
>I'm asking on this list as most users are American.  I was wondering about
>my chances of survival in the US!
>
>Chris
>http://www.chrissdomain.com

Chris,

I'm saddened that anyone would feel as you do about visiting the U.S..
The popular media and films over-play violence because it is entertaining.
This makes U.S citizens anxious too. I can't recall an instance of
un-provoked violence against a disabled or otherwise disfigured person. I
don't believe I've heard even verbal abuse.  I'm on the street in a lot of
cities and communities taking pictures and have yet to experience
aggression. Violent crime is confined to well known communities of people
and mostly directed against each other.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.